HR22 won't stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR22 won't stretch

I am a long time Tivo onwer who has now been "upgraded" by DirectTV to an HR22. I am having significant problems making it do "stretch" format on my Panasonic HD plasma.

I am hooked up through the HDMI jack and have a great HD picture. Problem comes when I try and get non HD to display in "stretched" format. I know some people do not like that format as it distorts the image, but I prefer it due to the propensity of my plasma to burn in when run in pillar mode for long periods. My Tivo did stretching fine and all resolutions were sterch to full screen, but no matter what settings I use on the HR22, I cannot get a full screen in anything but full screen HD. I have tried native ON and OFF. I have screen to STRETCH. No luck.

Is my unit flawed am I missing some configuration?

Thanks!

-SeanM

This is has been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm View Post
      This is has been resolved.
      Well, let us in on it

Comment

oops. Sorry! The settings for stretching are not intuative. I needed to set the TV Ratio to 4:3 even though I have a wide screen HDTV. I still see HD in wide screen format, but this setting appears to allow the Stretch feature on less then wide screen broadcasts to work. Just didn't make sence logically to me that I would use this setting.

Comment

Working...
        X