Directv Tivo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv Tivo Questions

Hey all, new guy here with maybe some dumb questions but bear with me.

Basicly I've been a DTV subscriber for years, I love it... don't wanna change. I've had the DTV DVR they sent me when it first became available through them. I think... think it's the hughes one before the R10's. It's old. It works flawlessly and I love it but I want more.

What I want is the retain my existing DTV DVR ability to record two channels at once but gain the standard TIVO service. Networking, Media center, copying shows to my computer etc. I also want to be able to record from any channel I'm paying for from DTV. (As in I don't want one tuner to record 1-9999 and the other to record 1-99, need them both to record 1-9999)

It's looking to me like the standard TIVO you buy from Best Buy (or wherever) doesn't have the dual tuner capability. But am I right in assuming weaknees sells boxes that are TIVO loaded (real tivo) and DTV dual tuner compatible?

Someone give me the run down. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around what I need to do. Do I need two DTV boxes and a Tivo DVR? Can I buy a Weaknees box that solves my problems? What is everything I would need in order to retain the same functionality I have but just add all the cool TIVO features?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by BigMoe; 03-27-2007, 10:30 AM.
Working...
X