Tivo TCD24004A Series 2 Frozen at welcome no response from remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo TCD24004A Series 2 Frozen at welcome no response from remote

I came home and this unit was frozen on the welcome powering up screen. I know that the remote works, but there is no red light response on the front of the Tivo. I will probably buy an identical unit on ebay and swap out the PWR Supply and HDD. I do not know if the remote issue indicates a bigger problem. I removed the cmos battery overnight and restarted it several times. The HDD spins up and I can hear the heads move twice and then stop, but the drive seems to be spinning smoothly. The HDD voltages from the supply are good and the fan spins. I would check other voltages and Pin outs but have no reference material. Is it worth it to buy the unit on ebay and make the swap. Any other info would be helpfull. I will try and test the drive in the mean time. I will be doing a crash course in Tivology. Should the remote function independently from the software on the HDD, as that is what has me a little concerned.

Thanks
    Tony

If you are stuck on powering up, you may just need a new hard drive. You might want to test your drive in a PC.

Comment

Working...
    X