Newly added Mini (9300 series) can't see Roamio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly added Mini (9300 series) can't see Roamio

My set up is a Roamio with several Mini's. It's a mixed network, with some connecting via Moca and some via ethernet. It has worked well for many years.
    One Mini stopped working, so a purchased a new 9300 Mini on eBay. After some delay on their end, Tivo added the Mini to my account and I see it in "My Devices" on their website.

I simply cannot get the Mini to connect to the Roamio. When the set up process gets past the "call in" phase, I get an error saying it can't find a suitable DVR to connect to. I tried forcing multiple updates on both the Tivo and Roamio, waiting between attempts to allow Tivo's database to update. I have restarted both devices and my router multiple times, and I have tried connecting the Mini to different ethernet to different ports/locations in my house. I also tried giving the Mini and Roamio static IP address in my home network. Other Minis are still working fine.

I also tried connecting the mini directly to the router via ethernet and directly to the Moca network with a short cable.

No luck. I tried Tivo tech support but they are not helpful and just read a script saying to reboot the devices and the network hardware. I've done that at least 15 times.
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by ipswichclam; 07-14-2024, 12:31 PM.

The Mini was new? So why couldn't you activate it on your account online with TiVo? I think maybe the eBay seller wasn't telling you something important here.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The Mini was new? So why couldn't you activate it on your account online with TiVo? I think maybe the eBay seller wasn't telling you something important here.
      I don't think that's the issue, though I could be wrong. It was new in the box and appeared unused. The day I tried to activate it online, I kept getting an error so I contacted Tivo support . They said they had a systemwide outage of their activation server, and it would take a day or two to get it activated. Sure enough I received an email a couple days later saying it was activated, and I do see it with the proper serial # in my account. So I don't think it's still tied to the previous owner.

Comment

OK - is the MAK in it on-screen the same as on your other units?

Comment

OK - is the MAK in it on-screen the same as on your other units?
          I can't get to a screen or menu that would show the MAK. I get stuck in a loop in the guided set up--it connects to the internet and "dials" into Tivo successfully, then it asks me to name the device, then I get to a screen that says "Tivo DVR Not found" (V70 error) and the only way out of that is to pull the power and reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by ipswichclam View Post

I can't get to a screen or menu that would show the MAK. I get stuck in a loop in the guided set up--it connects to the internet and "dials" into Tivo successfully, then it asks me to name the device, then I get to a screen that says "Tivo DVR Not found" (V70 error) and the only way out of that is to pull the power and reboot.
            Well, I can't say I've seen that. Could be a hardware problem. I'd call TiVo.

Comment

Working...
            X