Premier XL 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier XL 4

I have a premier XL 4 that I had upgraded to a 4TB drive a long time ago. It connects to Fios using a cablecard.

Several months back the system started to have issues (would crash, reboot, took forever to load lists ... etc). I finally found the original drive and swapped them out as a test to see if it was the unit, or just the drive (it was the drive). Plugged in the system and it started up. There are only 2 issues:
    1. There is a message on the screen saying that the system cannot connect to the Tivo Service
    2. I can only see some channels, but not all of them.

It's been a really long time since I've had to do anything with this box, so can't recall what I need to do to get it back up and running after the new (old?) drive is back in. Do I need to call Verizon and get them to reset the cablecard or do I need to do something else?

*UPDATE*
    Tested the network settings - I have an IP address through Moca. When I tell the system to connect to the Tivo serivce an upate, it gets through all the steps except the last - loading info. It stats loading info, then stops and the tivo reboots. The message on the screen after restart is that there is a temporary connection issue (C133).
    Last edited by xXybyXx; 06-30-2024, 02:16 PM.

Right - the OS on the old drive is so old that it cannot update.

We have replacement drives that should fix these problems here:

https://www.weaknees.com/prme.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'd prefer to not but another drive. I have plenty already. Is there anyway to get an updated image without buying a new drive?

Comment

Originally posted by xXybyXx View Post
        I'd prefer to not but another drive. I have plenty already. Is there anyway to get an updated image without buying a new drive?
        We can reformat your current drive for you:

https://www.weaknees.com/misc.php

Comment

Turns out the age of the OS wasn't an issue. I left the machine plugged in and connected and it managed to clear through it's issue and is updated - it gets through the whole process without crashing and installed another update last night. I still don't have any listing information (shows, times ... etc). The box has a lifetime subscription, so that's not the issue. Is this now a Tivo issue and I need to contact them?

Comment

Or just wait a few days and see if the guide data populates.

Comment

Working...
            X