Toshiba SD-H400 won't kickstart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba SD-H400 won't kickstart

I have two Toshiba SD-H400s. One works fine but the other one is stuck on the powering up screen. I tried kickstarting it by holding down the pause button both on the remote and on the front but with no luck. Just to check I did the same with my good unit and the same thing except that the second unit boots up fine.

I recall in the past that I had trouble kickstarting the Toshiba the one time I tried but I can't remember what trick I used to get it to work. Can anyone offer advice on what I need to do to get the broken unit to kickstart?

There are kickstart tips here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-kickstart-codes.php

Comment

Problem is neither my good Toshiba nor the bad one respond to holding down the pause button as described. I remember that long ago I had trouble kickstarting my other Toshiba and then stumbled upon the procedure but darn if I can remember it now. There's something special about the SD-H400 in the way you get it into kickstart mode, hopefully someone here knows the trick.

Comment

I believe you release the pause button and press the 2-digit kickstart code when you see a yellow and green light on the SDH400.

Comment

Working...
        X