Missing software on Premiere XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing software on Premiere XL

I understand there is supposed to be factory-installed software on the Premiere XL that includes tutorials and most importantly, a THX Optimizer program to be used with the included blue-filter glasses to fine-tune your HDTV.

None of this is present on my 2TB Premiere XL. (In a fit of tantalizing temptation, you guys do continue to include the glasses though.)

I know you guys basically replace the hard drive, but don't y'all put back in the preloaded programs that ship with the unit from the factory? I'd like to use the glasses for something. :-D

This is a bug on the TiVo side. Any time you clear the software, the video is removed, never to return. The good news, however, is that the optimizer video is a pretty common one, and can be viewed at the beginning of many DVDs, and I think you can even find it online if you search around. This issue is not unique to upgraded units; any time a TiVo customer chooses 'clear and delete everything' on their Premiere TiVo, the unit wipes the file.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the prompt reply. I actually had my LCDs optimized by a THX guy, so it's not a dealbreaker for me, but I'm sure you can see how someone without that option is left "holding the glasses."

Comment

Yup - you get the unit, and you get the glasses, and they're useless with the unit. We definitely agree that it's not an ideal situation.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X