Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIVO HD Constant Reboot Looking For Expander

Hi
    Months back my Tivo Expander 500gb was acting up so I disconnected it from my TivoHD. Well I decided to give it a try again. It showed up and I went through the TivoHD settings to add it. Well the expander got unplugged and won't mount. And the TivoHD keeps asking me to connect it. I decided to check it out on my computer and I could see it but i didn't mount like a regular HD. That was fine, I figured it wouldn't. Since it wouldn't work on my TivoHD I formatted it hoping that the Tivo would format it when I connected it again. Well it didn't. My Tivo is stuck in the constant reboot mode asking for me to connect the Tivo Extender. Help. I don't care if I lose my programs etc but I need my TivoHD back.
    Bill

Why don't you just follow the instructions to use your TiVo without the expander?

Comment

RE:TIVO HD Constant Reboot Looking For Expander

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Why don't you just follow the instructions to use your TiVo without the expander?
      Hi WK-Jeff
      I have followed the directions by hitting "Clear" and the "3 thumbs down and enter"
      The TivoHD reboots and re-states that I must hit "clear" and "3 thumbs down and enter".
      It's a futile circle. The TivoHD states that it must disconnect the "Expander". It seems like the TivoHD can't run without it.

Bill

Comment

Here are the messages that I get.

Thanks

Comment

Is the cable still connected to the TiVo, even if it's not connected to the external?
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
            Is the cable still connected to the TiVo, even if it's not connected to the external?
            I have tried connecting and disconnecting the cable all methods fail. I called Tivo and the suggested I do a Kick Start 54. I tried 2x but the KS failed. It couldn't initiate the KS. So I ended up buying a new drive from your store. ALAS!

Comment

Sounds right - you can't do a Kickstart from that position.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X