Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philips Tivo HDR112 will not complete initial setup call...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips Tivo HDR112 will not complete initial setup call...

I am unable to complete the initial setup call on my Philips Tivo HDR112. I have called Tivo support and Philips with no avail. Everytime I attempt to call the Tivo says, "Preparing to call", "Dialing", "Connecting", and then... "Failed." It never indicates why or displays a coded message... just (Failed)

I have tried several different frustrating techniques:
    1) Changed phone service from digital to analog per recommendation of Tivo.
    2) It is an older model, but its brand new, so I tried calling some of the local numbers that you recommended in a previous thread.
    3) I have tried dialing it straight with the 1 + the area code, without the area code, with a prefix that you recommended on an earlier thread: ,#096,,xxxxxxxxxxx
    4) Tivo support suggested that I take it to a friends house and try the phone line there... that didnt work...
    5) I have listened in on the phone as it is connecting and I can hear the electronic noises, but then suddenly the call ends and I hear the classic phone message to "hang up and try again".
    6) I am unable to complete the inititial setup through my internet connection because the Tivo model doesnt have a USB port and I don't think supports wireless.

I am at my wits end and may need to suck it up and pitch my brand new older model Tivo and buy a newer version.

Is there any other way to get my HDR112 to at least make the initial setup???Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Jesse

We have an external modem, see:

TiVo modem fix

The only problem is that this works only with version 3.0 or higher of the TiVo software on your model box. If your unit is truly brand new and has never dialed in before, then the modem might not work for you. You can try to put in the dialing prefix ,#319 instead of ,#096 and see if you get "Modem Not Responding"...if you do, then you might have version 3.0.

Comment

After trying the prefix, it just says (failed) without a code or explanation. Is there any way to complete the initial setup call via another method besides the phone line?

Thank you!

Comment

Nope. Unfortunately, that model needs a phone line.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X