Pioneer DVR-810H sluggish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer DVR-810H sluggish

Over the last few weeks my DVR-810H has been slowing down. What I mean is, it's slow to respond to remote control inputs. I know it's receiving the commands...it's like it varies in its processing times of the remote sent signal. One example is when I go to the Now Playing list and select a program...it takes about 5 seconds for the program info/options to display. It used to be almost instantaneous. Another example is when I try to display the program guide; sometimes it displays immediately other times I have to wait 5 seconds (or so). If I push it again too fast it process two clicks and flashes the guide for a second and then disappears.
    I've owned the unit for a few years now. I have it plugged into a UPS. It's been well taken care of. I'm willing to upgrade the drive if it's going bad. Anyone have any clues? Is this a know software or hardware issue?
    Last edited by heliXpilot; 07-02-2008, 05:38 PM. Reason: Additional Info

You might consider trying a "clear and delete everything" in the system reset menu of the TiVo. This will wipe the drive and databases clean and install a fresh version of the TiVo software.

Comment

Working...
    X