Upgraded Samsung SIR-S4040R problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Samsung SIR-S4040R problems

I have a Samsung SIR-S4040R that I upgraded about six weeks ago using a TwinBreeze bracket. I ended up putting just a single drive in (a 120 GB Samsung drive that I had lying around) and it seemed to work fine. Part of the reason I did this was that I was having pixelation problems, which are continuing, and which I now realize were not caused by the drive.

But since the upgrade, the TiVo has been freezing about once a week or so. Sometimes it reboots (I think---I find partial records for no apparent reasons), sometimes it just freezes, either with a black screen or a frozen picture. My question is, what might be causing the crashing? When I looked just now, the TiVo reported its temperature as 41C.

Suggestions for troubleshooting/diagnosing/fixing the freezing problem? (Suggestions for the pixelation problem welcome too, but I'm not hopeful about that.)

Thanks.

That really does sound like a bad drive, at least in part. Was it an older drive, or brand new? Have you tested it with Samsung's diagnostics?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X