Random Black screen recorded, Audio fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Black screen recorded, Audio fine

I have 2 Tivo's. One Pioneer and one Toshiba. I've had them both for several years. Hooked up and not changed in any way. The Pioneer, 3 times in the last 2 months has recorded a black screen instead of the program. Audio was fine, I could listen to the program, but not see it. It has been a different channel each time. We record about 3-8 shows per day and all the rest are fine. Just randomly and recently it has done this. The Toshiba has done it twice in the last 2 months. Different programs than the Pioneer. It can't be how they are hooked up because the hundreds of other shows in the last 2 months have recorded fine. Today was NHRA drag Racing on ESPN2. Yesterdays episode recorded fine, todays was black. If I come home and turn on the Tv while it's recording, it's black. If I stop the recording it's still a black screen. Then if I change the channel, then change it back. The show is fine and the video is there.
    A couple weeks ago it was a show on USA channel. I can't find anything the have in common. They are hooked to cable boxes, but the cable boxes are 2 different brands.

You might want to connect the TV to the cable box directly in addition to the connection through the TiVo. That way, when you get a black screen, you can see if the problem is with the TiVo or the cable box. You'd switch to the other input when you discover a black screen, and see if you see video, or just black.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that

Comment

Working...
      X