splitting signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• splitting signal

I currently have 4 cables communing in my bedroom from my 4X8 multi switch connected to my dish ,1 is going to my Hughes Dtv rec box installed when I first signed up fopr Dtv service & 2 are going to my Samsung Dtv tivo which I added later on ,I'm thinking about adding a second Samsung Dtv Tivo but since I only have 1 remaining cable coming into my room I'd have to connect another cable to my multi switch, but my problem is I'd have to drill another hole in the wall for that cable since the 2 holes already drilled for the other cables aren't big enough for another cable to go thru ,so I'm wondering if I take the 1 remaining cable in my room and just attach a multi switch to it and run 2 cables from that switch into the 2nd tivo unit will that allow me the same capability's as having 2 cables coming from my outside switch ?, in other words would I still be able to either record 2 shows at once or watch 1 show & record another one at the same time ? and if I can hook it up that way will it affect the signal quality ? I really don't want to have to go thru the hassle of drilling another hole in my wall if I don't have to that's why I'm looking for a shortcut to accomplish the same thing, however if I have to drill another hole and run another cable thru ,then so be it ! thanks.

Unfortunately, that will not work. A single DIRECTV signal cannot be split in your situation. The only option is to run another line from your switch to the DVR. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Unfortunately, that will not work. A single DIRECTV signal cannot be split in your situation. The only option is to run another line from your switch to the DVR. Sorry.
      Ok thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X