Herringbone Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herringbone Pattern

.I notice several mentions of Pixilation. The problem that I have is what I would call Herringbone pattern (from the old days of over-the-air TV signals).
    Is this a problem that can be repaired with a kit or sending the unit in?
    It is a Samsung DirecTV DVR "SIR-S4040R" - dual tuner 40 hours. If it can be repaired with a kit, I would also like to increase the disk capacity to something like 70 or 100 hours.
    Jim Ash
    Last edited by Jim Ash; 08-30-2007, 11:44 AM. Reason: corrections

Does the pattern show up on menus as well as on programming? And what kind of connection are you making from the TiVo to your TV?
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

It was noticeable on the picture. Didn't notice if it was during menu or not.
      Connection was by coax.
      NOTE: The unit has been replaced with DirecTV brand DVR. No herringbone now. I don't like the interface with this unit and would like my TiVo brand back.

Comment

Hard to say what caused that pattern, but I might just suggest replacing the unit. We have reasonably priced models that work identically to your Samsung available here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

What about repairing the Samsung and adding more disk space?

Comment

If the problem is from the TiVo (i.e., not grounding or interference), then it is not likely to be prove cost-effective to repair. You can get an identical unit (in terms of features, remote, functionality) for less than the repair cost. See the link that wk-jason posted above.

You might also try to remove the sat inputs from the back of the unit to see if that changes things and try moving it to another TV (or even another home) to rule out interference.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X