real dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real dead

have a sony sat-t60 (tivo). got overheating messages for months. now it's very dead. direct tv sent me a new box but i'd like to resurrect the saved data. i have an assortment of macs to connect the hard drive. ideas?

describe "dead" if you could, please. any lights on the front? can you tell is anything is spinning...fans, drive, etc?

you may need a new power supply...your only hope if you're to save the programming:

https://www.weaknees.com/tivo-power-supply.php
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

real dead

no lights, no activity. as if it's not plugged in. can't i remove the drive and try it elsewhere or will the format (ide, sata etc) prevent that?

Comment

you can remove the drive and try booting it in an identical model (though you won't be able to play or record without deleting everything).

it does sound to me like you need a new power supply.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

if i buy a used one, should i switch the power supply instead of the hard drives? my drive won't read in the other chassis? if it works, how do i transfer some movies to the new box i got from direct tv.
          Last edited by peter; 08-31-2007, 06:16 AM.

Comment

You cannot move shows from a SAT T60 onto a new unit.

If your unit needs a replacement power supply, that is what you should install into it.

Comment

Working...
            X