TiVo Edge Possible Bad Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Edge Possible Bad Hard Drive

I am fairly sure our 2020 TiVo Edge has a bad hard drive. Pixelation, stuttering, halting and non-available recordings and live TV for three months. During a three hour conversation with Xfinity, I switched cable cards with another house TiVo and we still have the same issues. Am I looking at a new TiVo or is there a workaround for this? Can I test the hard drive in the Edge? I’ve had tivos for over 25 years and have to say the Edge is a piece of crap. Had issues with it from day one. Thanks for any advice.

That does sound like a bad hard drive and we have easy self-install kits for that here:

https://www.weaknees.com/edge.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

TiVo says they don’t think it’s the hard drive. Tech support walked me through a diagnostic check on various items. Result was my TiVo is receiving 41 dB SNR. TiVo says it shouldn’t be more than 35. Tech support says that is likely the culprit.

They recommend an attenuator or splitter. I have to buy one of those and install it. Do you think that could fix it?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry - not really my area. But if TiVo suggests it, you should probably try it
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X