Toshiba RS-TX60 Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba RS-TX60 Dead?

I'm new to all this so I'll defer to all of you experts! I bought a used Toshiba RS-TX60 a few weeks ago & it's worked perfectly, including recording shows to DVD.

Last weekend I bought a new Tivo wireless G USB network adapter (model AG0100) so I could get rid of the phone line to update programs. Here's the problem, the moment I plugged the Tivo network adapter into the Toshiba USB port, the machine went dead. No lights, no whirling hard drive or fan, dead, dead like my dog Blinky ... poor Blinky ... such a good dog ... shed alot though but he liked his beer ... wait, where was I? Oh yeah ...

I'm guessing it's the power source which sounds relatively easy to replace but I'm also wondering if anyone has had problems using the USB port. Anyone else have problems with a wireless USB network adapter causing a crash like this? Any thoughts on reviving the dead Toshiba ... or for that matter my dog Blinky?

That's pretty bizarre - haven't seen that before. So unplugging the WiFi didn't resurrect the unit, I'm assuming?

If not, then you're probably on the right track with a new power supply.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

No, I unplugged the USB WiFi device from the DVR but the DVR still has no power. I'm going to try removing the power supply today & then re-installing it. If that doesn't work then I'll assume the power supply is shot & try a replacement.

FYI, I bought the unit used from ebay & it worked fine although I noticed the case didn't have a snug fit ... so someone had tinkered with something inside before. Maybe they did something to the USB port which eventually caused a power short when I installed the USB WiFi device.

Comment

Working...
      X