DTV Tivo Hang/Reboot Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTV Tivo Hang/Reboot Problems

Like many others on this forum, I have been experiencing unit freezing, video pixelization,drop audio, and frequent rebooting. Like most others, I cannot seem to diagnose the root cause of this issue with trial and error (swapping connections, enabling/disabling dual tuner, etc.).

It has been suggested that this is most likely due to bad HD, however I've read posts where others have replaced HD to no avail. It has also been suggested that it maybe related to software versions but that too does appear to not center on a common release (I have 6.3e01-2-521).

Is there any low level HW diagnositics that can be run on these units (I have the RCA brand DTV TiVo)? The simple system tests found on the main screen is extremely limited.
    Last edited by TLomaro; 10-06-2007, 07:29 AM.

Have you been putting your unit in standby?

Comment

I have not been putting the system in standby. The unit will freeze or reboot (Welcome Screen) while I am watching either Live TV or a recorded program.

Comment

OK - rumors are that DirecTV is aware of several problems with 6.3e and will be updating soon.

But OS updates always cause problems with older drives that have damage that was previously undiscovered. The bad area is now getting used for the OS partition, and that causes problems. Hard to know if that's what's going on in this case, but you should wait it out a bit to see.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks Michael. Any rumors as to when they might release an update?

Comment

Nope - if we knew, we'd post it.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X